Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Rental income from foreign properties (Italy)

    Hi, there is the Italy-UK Double Taxation Convention that in ARTICLE 6 states: "Income from immovable property - Income derived by a resident of a Contracting State from immovable property (including income from agriculture or forestry) situated in the other Contracting State may be taxed in that other State.” According to Italian accountants, because of this convention between UK and Italy there is nothing to pay or declare in UK for rental income or capital gain from the house sold, since it has already been taxed in Italy. Is it actually so? because of this convention is there a special procedure with Italy on rental income from foreign properties (Italy)? Does it need to be declared in self assessment or not? Many thanks.