Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Live in UK and work for a Dutch company remotely

Hi, I am a family member of a European citizen, I have a resident visa with premise to work in the UK. I have an offer of remote work from a company based in the Netherlands. This company has a unit in the UK but does not have the same business unit that I would work for and so they cannot hire me here. Scenario 1: 1 - Could I be hired by the Netherlands as an employee? 2 - How does paying taxes work for me in a situation like this? Could you please guide me about the taxes and fees that I would need to pay? 3 - How does the payment of obligations by the company to the UK government work and what would they be? Scenario 2: 1 - Could I work as a contractor and start a company as a legal resident in the UK? 2 - How does paying taxes work for me in a situation like this? Could you please guide me about the taxes and fees that I would need to pay? 3 - Is there any legal guidance related to the payment method, being an international transaction? If you can answer these questions or give more information that is relevant and help me, I appreciate it.