Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Capital Gains Tax and Private Residence Relief

    Hi - have read the various documents online, but wondered if I could have some more specific advice in relation to Deduction Costs. I can see this online: "costs of improvement works, for example for an extension - normal maintenance costs like decorating do not count" Would internal improvements such as replacing/upgrading a shower room and installing a new kitchen come under this definition? I can understand why decorating would not count, even though some decorating could be described as an "improvement work", but need to know the kinds of things that are allowable. Thanks for your help