Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Adjusted Net Income - Childcare Account

    My income from employment is going to exceed £100k this tax year. My employer only offers a salary sacrifice pension scheme which I understand does not reduce my adjusted net income. To reduce my adjusted net income, I understand personal pension contributions qualify. That being the case, can somebody advise me: 1. If I make personal pension payments, how do I report these to HMRC - is it via an annual self assessment? 2. If so how do I ensure the childcare account remains active between now and completing a self-assessment at the end of the tax year? 3. Do I need to make regular pension payments throughout the tax year or can I wait until near the end of the tax year to do this (as I do not know what my income will be until then as much of my earnings are commission based) Thank you. 2.