Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: SA102 - foreign income from a job

    Hi HMRC, I left the UK in late 2023 and started working abroad in Italy. However I don't believe I qualify for split year treatment as I spent more than the maximum number of days in the UK after that date. Does that mean I need to declare my wage income until the end of the UK fiscal year as foreign income in my 23/24 self assessment? Since I was taxed at the source on that income in Italy already, how do I claim double taxation relief? Thanks