Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Do I need to fill tax return

    Hi! If the rental income reduced the all the expenses are not exceeded income tax relief, do I need to fill tax return ?
  • Split-year treatment

    Hi ! I came from Hong Kong and entered to UK in September, 2020. Since then, I and my family members live in my aunt's house without tenant contract till 25/3/2021. I had just paid the food expense regularly. And also, I did not have job record throughout the tax year. My husband on behalf of me to sign Provisional Agreement for sale and purchase of my previous main home in Hong Kong in January, 2021 and completed on 15/3/2021. Then, we have owned my only main home with completion in UK on 25/3/2021. So, I am wondering which was the fist day of my split-year treatment ? Thanks.
  • Am I tax resident in 2020/2021 ?

    Hi ! Good afternoon. I came from Hong Kong to UK through LOTR on 30/9/2020. I had bought air tickets twice on 12/1/2021 and 27/1/2021 respectively departure from UK and would like back to Hong Kong to deal with personal affairs. However, both were cancelled by airlines because of pandemic lockdown by UK and Hong Kong government. Can I voice out as "stranded" in UK? and if so, in my case, how many days should be counted as stranded in UK? Thanks.