Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Split year treatment

Hi HRMC, Thanks for your information. One more point I am not very clear to kick off the self assessment process. For my case, I previously had a full time job in my home town until end of Aug 2021, and then remained unemployment till this moment. So when I register for self assessment, should I register as "not self-employed"? Thanks again!
  • RE: Split year treatment

Hello HRMC, I entered UK on 03 Nov 2021 with BNO Visa and I should be considered as a UK tax resident. From 06 Apr 2021 to 02 Nov 2021, I was still in my home country, per my understanding, I do not need to report the income/earnings for this period of time. Please correct me if not. And starting from 03 Nov 2021 till now, I am in UK and UK is my only home. I do not have any income (from both inside or outside the UK) and being unemployed. Please advise below on my situation for the tax year from 06 Apr 2021 to 05 Apr 2022: 1/ Do I still have to register for Self Assessment? 2/ I should be qualified for the split-year treatment, so I also have to apply this if I have to register for the Self Assessment? 3/ Any other form(s) I have to fill in and submit for this tax year? Thanks much in advance for your advice.