Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: changing of DOB

Hello, I would like to know whether this was resolved? I had the exact same issue 8 months ago and have been trying to have my DOB updated with HMRC ever since but nothing works. Please can you let me know what I else I can do. What I have done so far: Trying to set up a LISA at the end of the last tax year, I discovered that the bank couldn't finish the set up because my details didnt match those with HMRC. In August I sent a verified copy of my passport to National Insurance Contributions and Employer Office, HM Revenue & Customs, BX9 1AN. After 2 months there was still no change. I have since called the HMRC helpline about 10 times and each person assures me they have seen the problem and fixed it, but the details never update. On the 23rd December I lodged a complaint with the manager of the call centre team and she put me on hold for half an hour and finally assured me that she had been able to call a different office and the change had been made. Now, on the 5th January the change has still not come through. I don't know who else I can speak to about this. I have now been trying for months and the end of the tax year is coming round again and I do not want to miss another chance to put into my LISA. Please can you advise? Thank you