Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Reshoring savings

    I am a US citizen non-dom who lives in the UK using a remittance basis of taxation. I transferred some of my UK savings to a ring-fenced US investment account, where it was invested in non-reporting funds. I now want to reshore part of this money. I have records of the amounts transferred in GBP and the exchange rate. What is the correct way to calculate the amount of tax owed on any gains?