Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Are clothes and accessories purchased for photoshoots tax deductible

As a self employed person, are clothes and accessories purchased for photoshoots (advertising purposes) tax deductible or are these also caught by Mallalieu vs Drummond. Does this also apply to influencers who purchase clothes and accessies for instagram, youtube and ticktock videos to generate money? Please let me know, thanks
  • Can accountancy fees be claimed as an expense against employment income?

Can accountancy fees be claimed as an expense for completing a Self Assessment tax return against the salary? The only sources of income is employment/ salary plus interest, so my question is if the accountancy fees can be claimed against employment expenses. Let me know, thanks
  • RE: Tax on P60 salary as a non UK resident

Ok so is it possible to declare the P60 earnings in box 12 (foreign earnings not taxable in the UK) on page Ai2 of the self assessment under the heading 'Share schemes and employment lump sums, compensation and deductions,certain post-employment income and patent royalty payments'?
  • Tax on P60 salary as a non UK resident

Hi there, According to the HMRC website, (https://www.gov.uk/tax-uk-income-live-abroad) it is mentioned that if you earn wages in the UK (P60) as a non UK resident, you will still need to pay UK taxes on this. However, consultants of the employer have informed me that as a non UK resident, you are able to claim this back on the self assessment if you have had to work abroad on box 12 (foreign earnings not taxable in the UK) on page Ai2 of the self assessment under the heading 'Share schemes and employment lump sums, compensation and deductions,certain post-employment income and patent royalty payments' Is this correct? What requirements are needed for a non UK resident person to claim back tax on the UK P60 earnings on the self assesssment? and if so is putting it on box 12 (foreign earnings not taxable in the UK) on page Ai2 correct? Many thanks
  • Accounting and charging VAT

Hi there, if a vat registered Ltd company selling goods online, acquires a residential property to rent out as a different source of income, is the rental income then charged to vat also? If we havent opted to tax and dont want to, should the rental income automatically be charged to Vat since the Ltd company is vat registered or will the vat only apply to the main trade of the business? Thanks