Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign RSU Tax on Self Assessment

    I've since read that maybe this income should be listed in the Additional Income section on my current employment record and the foreign income section is only if I am looking to claim tax relief. Adding this additional context should this be the appropriate way forward.
  • Foreign RSU Tax on Self Assessment

    I received prorated tax applied to the US for RSUs that vested this year. The majority of income/tax was applied to my UK payroll, however a small part was applied to the US. It's not clear to me which of the Foreign Income options I should select and/or how I answer the question: Were you unable to transfer some or all of your overseas income to the UK? as I technically did receive the shares into a brokerage account so assuming the answer is Yes here. Anyone resolved this before in terms of which type of Income to log this as? I'm comfortable with all the FX rate calculations etc, I just need to know how to reflect this in the foreign income type part of the form.