Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Child benefit Higher tax and redundancy pay

    Hi I have a similar situation, I am being made redundant and this will potentially push be over 100k for this tax year. Do I need take the redundancy into account when calculating if I'm under 100k or is it included? And when do i need to declare this, straight away or in the next assessment period? thanks!
  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hi, I'm an English citizen and my husband is a Polish citizen with settled status, both living in the UK. My husbands mother would like to send us £40,000 as a gift, from Poland. Please can you let me know what taxes need to be paid? And if/how it needs to be declared We are hoping to pay of my student loan and some of our mortgage with the money. Thanks!