Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • losses from day trading

    Hi, For the past year, I have been staying at home engaging in day trading (listed securities) which resulted in a sizeable loss for 21/22 and have no plans on continuing the next year. Can the losses be reported as capital loss now with a view to offset future capital gains? OR Does this have to be reported as "self-employment income (loss in this case)" and can be offset against income from previous years (which may refund income tax I've previously paid)? If so, how should I do that? More specifically, is there a section within my personal tax account self-assessment form? Thanks