Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Reporting savings interest

    I am employed part-time (paid via PAYE) and self-employed as a sole trader part-time (so I am automatically taxed on a portion of my earnings and submit a tax return for the rest). I think I might exceed the £1000 tax-free savings interest allowance this year. Do I need to report this in the self-assessment tax return for my sole trading work, or will it be taken care of automatically through my PAYE account?