Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self-Assessment, Split Year Treatment

    I came from Hong Kong from July 2022 to the UK and live in a hotel / Airbnb. My husband still stays in Hong Kong. My husband and I have a joint property in Hong Kong for rental and sold in early of Nov 2022 and have capital gain about HKD600K. I finally have a tenancy agreement and have an accommodation in Dec 2022. Starting from Feb 2023 I will do volunteer work in the UK. Do I need to have a self-assessment, and can I apply for the split year treatment?