Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Split year treatment

    Thank you for your replies. I understand SA100, SA106 and SA109 should be submitted. I became UK tax resident in year 2022 and prepare to claim split year treatment for year 2022 but NOT remittance basis. Can you confirm my below understanding is correct 1. Deemed gain for PPB should be reported in SA106 box 43"Gains on foreign life insurance...." 2. Deemed gain for PPB in year 2022 can be split into foreign and UK part. Only UK part is taxable. 3. Monthly cash distribution from the underlying assets of PPB should be reported in SA106 "Interest and other income from oversea savings" Thank you
  • Split year treatment

    Hi. Could you please help to clarify the following (1) I have to report the deemed gain under Personal Portfolio Bond (PPB) hold in oversea. Which parts/boxes of SA100/SA106 should I report? (2) I am eligible for split year treatment. Can I split the deemed gain under PPB? Thank you.