Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Campervan use when working away

    That's great - thanks and understood. I don't think I was clear though. I should have given an example. I mostly work from my office at home however I have clients all over the country. When I go and work on site at a client's premises say 300 miles away from home, I stay in a hotel. I claim for this hotel as a business expense - e.g. a Travelodge at £50 per night. My question is if I stay in my campervan, can I claim a rate for staying in it as a business expense? If not and I choose to stay in a campsite at £22 per night, can I claim the campsite fees as a business expense?
  • Campervan use when working away

    Am I able to claim for the use of my campervan (I own it) and meals for overnight stays when working away from home as I would for a hotel visit when working away from home? For 2021-22, I spent more days away in it on business use than we did on holiday. I'm self-employed. Thanks