Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Can my company pay for my visa fees?

    Thank you. It's a question about whether employee visa fees can be expensed by the business. Who is the best team to ask about that?
  • Staff party allowance for sole director

    Hi, I'm the sole director of a limited company. Since there's only me in the company, can I use the staff party allowance for myself and my partner for a nice meal out or stay in a nice hotel to celebrate? If not, how can I use this allowance to claim a 'party for one'? It's pretty lonely being a solopreneur, so hopefully we can make use of this somehow. Thanks.
  • Can my company pay for my visa fees?

    Hi, I am the sole director of a UK limited company. I'm here in the UK on a Global Talent Visa. I have now lived in the UK long enough to apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain (IRL) visa. This visa is necessary for me to continue to stay in the country to run my business. Can I claim the visa costs as a business expense? This includes: - Life in the UK Test £50 - IRL visa application £2404 - Super priority service £800 - Travel costs to take the test and to submit the application I know that employees of companies can have their expenses covered by their sponsor company. But I wasn't sure about myself as a director. Thank you very much.