Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: SA1 Form

Hi, I am sorry for the confusion because I am asking questions for myself (employed) and for someone (self-employed). Personally, I will need to complete the SA1 form because I am not self-employed. Would you mind helping me with the original questions in this thread? Thank you very much.
  • RE: First time registering for self assessment

Hi, I am afraid that I need further clarification on this. I never register for self-assessment and never have a UTR. If my self-employed business started on 10 April 2022 and I also need to complete my first 2021/22 tax return mainly because of other passive income, which form I should complete now to register self assessment? Is it the SA1 or CWF1 form? Thank you.
  • SA1 Form

Hi, In the SA1 form, one of the questions asks whether I have got untaxed income that cannot be collected through my PAYE tax code. Does this question ask for job-related untaxed income only? If the untaxed income is foreign interest or divided, should I answer "Yes" to this question? Moreover, the questions in the SA1 form also ask about the date started receiving the income. If split year treatment applies, do I answer the questions based on the UK part of the split year only? Thank you.
  • RE: First time registering for self assessment

Hi, If self-employment has already started recently in the tax year 2022/23 and it is also required to complete a tax return form for the tax year 2021/22 for other reasons, what is the first step to register for self assessment in this case? Thank you.
  • First time registering for self assessment

Hi, Based on the below circumstance, may I know if it is better to register self assessment with the SA1 form or register self assessment as a self-employed person? Now: Never register for self assessment and never has a UTR 2021/22: Neither employed nor self-employed but need to register self assessment to report other income (e.g. foreign interest) 2022/23: Start to be self-employed Thank you.
  • Foreign interest less than £1

Hi, If the total amount of interest in a foreign account within a tax year is less than £1, do we still need to declare it? Thank you.
  • RE: Foreign interest and dividends

Hi, Thanks for your clarification. I will then put the interest and dividends that are NOT from UK banks and building societies on the SA106.

Hi, I am sorry that I may need further clarification. Box 3 and box 5 on page TR3 of the SA100 belong to the section called “Interest and dividends from UK banks and building societies”. If the foreign interest and dividends are NOT from UK banks and building societies (for example, they are in a foreign account), is it correct to put the amount in these boxes? Thank you.

Hi, Does it mean that foreign interest or foreign dividends received in non-UK accounts or non-UK banks should be put on the SA106 instead of the SA100 even if they are £2,000 or below? Thank you.
  • Foreign interest and dividends

Hi, The tax return notes stated that the amount of foreign interest and dividends up to £2,000 can be put in box 3 and box 6 on page TR 3 of the SA100 tax return. However, these boxes belong to the section called “Interest and dividends from UK banks and building societies”. Can you confirm if they are the correct boxes to put the amount of foreign interest and dividends up to £2,000 from non-UK accounts or non-UK banks? Thank you.