Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: High income Child benefit

    I am talking in reference to this statement: If you’re a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim further tax relief (at your higher rate) from HMRC. This is usually claimed through your self-assessment tax return. Or you can contact HMRC direct if you don’t usually complete a tax return. This means that if you pay income tax at 40%, you could claim an extra £20 tax relief. This makes the cost of a £100 contribution into your pension £60 to you – £20 claimed by your pension provider and £20 reclaimed by you.
  • High income Child benefit

    I am really confused about the pensions part of Self assessment when completing for High income Child benefit. I use the total pay details from my p60 so haven't included work pension payments as I believe the p60 deducts but have read that I should include as a high earner I could be due some tax relief on this, what do I do?