Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Parents transfer money from HK

    Hello, I arrived UK with BNO Visa in Oct 2021 so I am a UK Tax resident. If my parent from Hong Kong (HK Citizen and live in HK all the time) want to transfer me around £200,000 as a gift to me, for me to buy a house (for myself to live in) under my name. Is this money require any kind of tax? And do I need to report it to HMRC about this money? Thank you so much!