Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Spilt year treatment and foreign salary income for terminal leave.

Thank you for your reply. That means I have to fill three forms SA100 (self-assessment), SA106 (Foreign income) and SA109 (Residence, remittance basis etc) ? For the form SA106 - I only make a cross on Unremittable income ‘X’ in the box 1 -- If I were unable to transfer any of your overseas income to the UK, put ‘X’ in the box – and give details in the ‘Any other information’ box on your tax return or on a separate sheet What information i have to provide for HMRC reference? For the form SA109 - ‘X’ in the box 3, If your circumstances meet the criteria for split year treatment for 2022–23, put ‘X’ in the box ‘X’ in the box 6, If you have an entry in box 3 enter the date from which the UK part of the year begins or ends DD MM YYYY Is it the date started I have a home in the UK? I rented a house with effect from 22.8.2022. or 22.8.2022 after 91 days i.e. 20.11.2022 note : Case 4 Starting to have a home in the UK only – read RDRM12150 and RDRM12160 ‘X’ in the box 9, If I had a home overseas in 2022–23. ‘X’ in the box 10, Number of days spent in the UK during 2022–23. Is it count from 22.8.2022 to 5.4.2023? total 196 days ? ‘001’ in the box 12, How many ties to the UK did you have in 2022–23? only Accomodation tie '000' in the box 13, Number of days you worked for more than 3 hours in the UK in 2022–23 at as present is unemployed 'HKG' in the box 18 'HKG' in the box 19 ‘X’ in the box 40, Please give any other information in this space Spilit year treatment case 4 applies to me. Please let me know if I am correct or incorrect. Thank you.

If I choose not go to remittance any (amounts) of foreign income and gains to the UK, I still have to report "I am a non domicile and non remittance" in my Self Assessment form? Or just simply no need to report this period of income. Thank you for your reply.

Hi, Similar situation with me. My split year treatment on 22 August 2023. Can i apply non domicile and non remittance base for the year 2022/2023 and keep the salary in the home country? Thank you in advance.