Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Residence and Split Year Treatment

    This is my first year in UK and I think I am a tax resident for 21/22. I will apply for split year treatment and I have foreign CGT which the gain is less than the personal allowance but the total capital trade amount requires me to report to HMRC. I need to file SA100, SA108, SA 109. My question is : do I file SA108 after my split year (SA109) is granted ( so that I dont have to report my income on foreign part) or do I simply summit all the forms and statement to HMRC in one go? Thank you
  • RE: Do I need to register for Self-Assessment if a loss puts me under the CGT Allowance?

    If I have a capital loss of 10000gbp and would like to carry the loss for CGT deduction for next tax year, do I do this by filing a self-assessment?
  • RE: applying split year

    Thank you Is there a deadline to apply for splity year treatment for 21/22 tax year?
  • RE: applying split year

    Hi, I want to know who will decide whether I am a tax resident or not? HMRC? Myself?
  • RE: applying split year

    I believe I will be resident for 21/22 tax year under second automatic Uk test. Will hmrc notify me after I am considerd as tax resident for 21/22 or I have to contact hmrc for reporting imcomes?
  • applying split year

    Hi, I arrived Uk on 7/1/2022 and intended to live in Uk thereafter. I would like to apply split year treatment for 2021/22 tax year so that my income before coming to Uk are not subjected to Uk tax. So, when and should I start to apply for the tax year treatment? Before I do my self assessment for 2021/22 or I have to start applying right now? What about the income and cgt on the oversea part, do I still need to report all of them though I expect it should be excluded for UK tax by split year treatment? Thanks
  • RE: Share trader on NI

    Thank for your reply. In my understanding if I only trade share in my own account and for myself, in most cases all the profit made will be treated as investment and subject to capital gain instead of trade and subject to income tax. Do I still have to registed as self-employed and pay the relevant tax?
  • Share trader on NI

    Hi, if I make my living solely on the profit of trading shares, do I need to report as self-employed and pay national insurance or do I simply caculate the profit and pay capital gain tax?
  • RE: Capital Gains Tax

    Hi, if the shares are in joint acount and are owned 50/50 between me and my wife, do we have to file two separate identical self assessments individually or just one and state clear about the situation?
  • RE: Work from home for oversea

    Thanks for answering. What I want to ask is, does my wife pay UK tax first or Hong Kong tax first for her case?