Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Part of the year working abroad

Hi, Thank you so much for your replies. Could you let me know the address where I should send the SA109 form if I fill it on paper? Also, should I wait for the SA109 form to be accepted to start filling my Self Assessment, or can I fill both forms now? Thank you.

In addition to the questions above, could you let me know if the Split Year Treatment can be applied within the Self Assessment, or is another form needed? Thank you in advance to reply to this and the previous post.

Thank you very much. Last year I completed a Self Assessment tax return. This year I have received a message that says "You need to file a Self Assessment tax return for the 2021 to 2022 tax year". Should I then complete a Self Assessment with Split Year Treatment (April 2021 - August 2021) and leave out my income once I rellocated to Spain, in September 2021? In addition to the above, should I complete the form P85, or the Self Assessment will be enough? Thank you again.

Can anyone help in this matter? Thanks.
  • Part of the year working abroad

Hi, I worked in the UK continuously from 2014 until 31 August 2021. From 1st September 2021, I have been working and living in Spain solely. I am wondering if I have to complete a Self Assessment, and if so, if I have to declare my income tax from Spain. From 5 April 2021 to 31 August 2021 it is less than the required 183 days of work, so I do not know if I am a "resident" in the UK for this tax year. Thank you very much in advance for your help.