Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Not sure if I am paying national insurance contributions or gap in records

    I can't tell, whether or not people on contributory based Employment and support allowance get national insurance credits. I always thought I was stupid with paperwork but was diagnosed with Asperger’s in 2020, not that this is an excuse, I also think I have symptoms of ADHD but was told by my CPN that there is a 4yr wait list. I have read the info on here and the gov website and am still confused. I am worried I won’t get state pension, or I will have gaps in my record. I tried phoning 0300 200 3500 to ask if, as a recipient of contributions based employment and support allowance, am I paying NI stamps, but was on hold ages, and this stresses me out. I get 611.72 a month net works pension I am 56 years of age, and was “contracted out” (whatever that means) My pension is based on civil service where I worked from 1987 - 2003 when I went on sick and was retired in 2006 I get £7340.59 Gross pension a year I get 183.28 contributions based ESA every two weeks, (deductions made as I receive a works pension) I was incapacity benefit, from 2004, until 2014 I was medically retired in 2006 I just want to know if I have been paying into my state pension from my contributions based ESA, or, formerly incapacity benefit? Thank you.