Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Offshore Bond matureity/redemption - where to declare gains

    This year a long-term offshore bond issued by the International Bank of Research and Development matured after 25 years - it was zero coupon and had never realised any previous gain but has now matured and redeemed with a lump sum. Please can you tell me where this needs to be declared on the Self Assessment and whether it is treated as capital gains or income? As it was in joint names with my spouse - can it just be declared by one of us.