Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Paying NI voluntary contributions before 05/04/2023

Since 2 weeks ago, on this forum, I have been trying to get response to the following query - -Few months back I made an application for the Level 2 voluntary contribution to the gap in my state pension, but I haven't heard the outcome of my application. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to contact the Future Pension Centre at 0800 731 0175, but I cannot get through. What should I do? Thanks HMRC Admin - responded by asking whether I was back to the U.K. or still working overseas. To which my response was that I was back to the U.K. (since 2021) and retired. In/with my application for the Level 2 contribution, I had provided all the details of my employments in different countries during different periods. I hope to hear back from HMRC Admin soon. Thanks and regards!
  • RE: how to make voluntary NI contribution

I'm hoping to get a response from HMRC Admin 20 at their earliest to the following interaction: My initial post: Few months back I made an application for the Level 2 voluntary contribution to the gap in my state pension, but I haven't heard the outcome of my application. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to contact the Future Pension Centre at 0800 731 0175, but I cannot get through. What should I do? Thanks! HMRC Admin 20 response: Hi Mukul Saxena, You don’t state in your question whether you are based in the UK or overseas, if you are self employed, but under the small profit threshold. We would therefore need more information before we could comment on timescales Thank you My response: Thanks for your response. I am now retired and based in U.K. Regard Further information: With my application I had provided an appendix detailing my different employments at different times of my academic career. Looking forward to your response. Regards

Thanks for your response. I am now retired and based in U.K. Regards

I sent the following query a week ago, but I haven't heard from HMRC Admin. Hope to hear back soon. "Few months back I made an application for the Level 2 voluntary contribution to the gap in my state pension, but I haven't heard the outcome of my application. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to contact the Future Pension Centre at 0800 731 0175, but I cannot get through. What should I do? Thanks!"

Few months back I made an application for the Level 2 voluntary contribution to the gap in my state pension, but I haven't heard the outcome of my application. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to contact the Future Pension Centre at 0800 731 0175, but I cannot get through. What should I do? Thanks!

Few months back I made an application for the Level 2 voluntary contribution to the gap in my state pension, but I haven't heard the outcome of my application. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to contact the Future Pension Centre at 0800 731 0175, but I cannot get through. What should I do? Thanks!