Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: CDS registration issues

I am finding this (if it wasn't having such a terrible affect on our all businesses) almost laughable now. There must be 100's of businesses now affected by this. Here we are in October and no resolution. Telling us to report the issue to the CDS team, click 'this page is not working' and directing us to an email address of a team who don't respond (and have no phone number) isn't getting any of us anywhere. HMRC - please please get a resolution to this. I have £000's of trees waiting to come in to the country and a disaster ahead if I can't get this sorted out. Surely someone must know how to fix this - can't be that complicated to remove an EORI number from someone's government gateway / NI / UTR number. It'll be an entry in a database that is causing all this misery and wasted time. Next going to try my MP, I literally have no-where else to try and am desperate.
  • RE: VAT registered EORI number and new government gateway ID.

J - it wouldl appear not!!!
  • RE: CDS registration issues

KG - having exactly the same problems. I registered for CDS with my EORI number in June. I am now VAT registered and was given a new EORI number, but need this one to be linked to my CDS account rather than my old one. I managed to get one of the HMRC people to remove the EORI number from my CDS account but when I apply again and I add either my National Insurance or UTR it tells me "The details you gave us are matched to a different EORI number" and that "The NI number is already used and can not be matched with GB4141XXXXXX). I've been going round in circles with various departments for weeks - keep either on hold, cut off, switched from one department to another. All I need is to know how my current government gateway / NI / UTR can have the old EORI number removed and the new VAT registered one added. I've tried everything, emails to the EORI and CDS help desk things, no response from any of them. I am due to import a large value of trees from the EU in a few weeks and if I can't get CDS up & running with my correct EORI number I am pretty much done for business wise. I'm glad it's not just me who is having the issue but as we approach the deadline I don't know what to do. It is so frustrating and depressing to not be able to get help with something that is ultimately so simple. I have now called to one department that often that he recognises my voice when I get on the call and i now know all his children's names and what they studying at school :-( I am going to keep an eye on this forum and hope eventually this gets sorted out (if I still have a business to care about at that point).
  • RE: VAT registered EORI number and new government gateway ID.

Thanks all - I am in the same situation still after 3 weeks. Laughingly tried again today and ended up back on the EORI / VAT / CDS / Online Helpdesk Team merry-go-round. I've been basically calling for around anything from a couple of hours a day to sometimes 8 hours a day for 3 weeks and getting nowhere. I have tried the 0300 200 3701 number just now and the guy managed to surpass himself and put me through to a team who hadn't even heard of CDS. I am so so frustrated and upset by this. My business is going to fold in on itself if I don't get this resolved in the next few days. I have tried the ISBC email address and despite saying they'll get back to me in 48 hours it is 5 days later and....nothing.
  • VAT registered EORI number and new government gateway ID.

I registered for CDS with my EORI number in June. I am now VAT registered and was given a new EORI number, but need this one to be linked to my CDS account rather than my old one. I managed to get one of the HMRC people to remove the EORI number from my CDS account but when I apply again and I add either my National Insurance or UTR it tells me "The details you gave us are matched to a different EORI number" and that "The NI number is already used and can not be matched witth GB4141XXXXXX). I was advised by my import agents to create a new government gateway ID which I then attach my new VAT number and EORI to but surely that wouldn't have all my tax return history / VAT number etc attached? I've been going round in circles with various departments all week - keep either on hold, cut off, switched from one department to another. All I need is to know how my current government gateway / NI / UTR can have the old EORI number removed and the new VAT registered one added. I've tried everything, emails to the EORI and CDS help desk things, no response from any of them. I am due to import a large value of trees from the EU in a few weeks and if I can't get CDS up & running with my correct EORI number I am pretty much done for business wise. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction please? Thanks!