Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Moving out but Split Year does not apply, and Payment on Account

    Hi, I am a UK Tax Resident who will be moving out of the UK in early April. In other words, I will not be Tax Resident from that date (and for the next year). I thought I could apply for a Split Year Treatment, but later realised that I would not meet Case 1 as I would be moving out too late in the tax year for me to satisfy the overseas work criteria. If so, how can I communicate my date of moving (which I believe will be the 3rd of April)? Can I do so using "Box 40: Any Other Information" on the "Residence, remittance basis etc" form to include the date I officially move? Furthermore, will HMRC request a Payment on Account during this Tax Year given that I will not be Tax Resident in the next?