Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Irish Pension for UK taxpayer

Jane, In case last posting didn't get through try HM Revenue and Customs BX9 1AS

Dear Jane, Sorry for delay: some problem with the site. I sent my IC2 to HM Revenue and Customs BX9 1AS I do self assessments only because of my Irish Pension; if like me you are retired this may be the right address for you. That said if your are still PAYE in UK it might be worth checking the address is correct. HMRC sent not the original but a copy of my IC2 but the Irish Revenue accepted it. The exemption certificate Irish Revenue issued for me lasts for 4 years and it was sent to my Cork based pension provider.

Dear Janee Morrison, try International Claims Section, Office of the Revenue Commissioners, Collector Generals Division, Government Offices, St. Conlons Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. e mail is intclaims@revenue.ie

Further to my previous posts some improvement has been made. It took not 45 but 18 weeks to get IC2 stamped and a copy, not the original, returned to me. John 

[Personal information removed - Admin]

Good afternoon Thank you for confirming this is not a mistake. I do understand that you have had staff diverted to other tasks. Can you explain why added to a pre-existing slow rate of response it takes items 45 weeks to process 'these items'. An indication that a backlog was being dealt with would make sense in that any permanent queue of more than say a week implies an underlying administrative problem. It has meanwhile after their initial 48 hr responses about 10 days for the Irish Authorities to deal with this- save for their need for HMRC to deal with form IC2.
  • Irish Pension for UK taxpayer

My Irish pension provider has suddenly started to deduct income tax, which I owe not to the Irish Revenue but to HMRC. It took 48 hours for the Irish Revenue (revenue.ie) to explain and link me to their form IC2 to regain exemption. I need HMRC to stamp the form to confirm I am a UK taxpayer. Webchat advisor told me it would take 45 weeks for this to be dealt with. Is this a mistake?