Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• PAYE records incomplete

Posting as both the employer and the employee in question here! In my role as finance manager I process wages for a small pre-school each month. In my personal life I have just got a new second job in addition to my finance manager role. When I went via the Government Gateway to look at my personal tax record, my old second job and my new second job were listed, but not the finance manager role that I have held since 2015. I clicked "add a new employer" online and added the details, the previous years are now listed but for the current tax year no income is showing from my finance manager role. On the telephone just now HMRC have told me that they were informed that I left the finance manager role on 5th April 2021! I use Sage payroll software, I have submitted the payment info for all pre-school employees each month (including myself), and I am not marked as a leaver on Sage. What's gone wrong! Why do HMRC think I have left a job when I have not. I have never marked myself as a leaver in the payroll software, and my payment details are being submitted to HMRC each month.