Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign Income?

    Another question, in converting the income from foreign currency to British pound, should the yearly or the monthly average be used? Cheers
  • RE: Foreign Income?

    Hi HMRC Admin20, I have two related additional questions if you and the OP don't mind 1- What if a person works in a free tax salary country, which has a DTA with the UK, can he still claim foreign tax credit relief although his money was not taxed in his host country? 2- To declare salary income during a (split) tax year and in order to account for the first 5 days of April, should " the monthly salary *5/30" be included in the foreign income total? Cheers.
  • The 183 days window in the DTA and Covid

    Hi, If a person had to stay in the UK for longer than 183 due to covid-related extenuating circumstances, Can 60 days be deducted from his stay length to activate the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTA) clause? Cheers.
  • Split year first, then self-assessment return?

    Hi, A basic question, if I believe I am entitled for a split year treatment, should I first make a related application to HMRC, wait for their decision, appeal if needed, before completing my self-assessment taxation return? What if the deadline to return the form will pass as a consequence? Cheers.