Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Transferring personal money to UK

    Hi, My husband (UK domicile) and I (foreign) have been working abroad for many years in Malaysia and we have a statutory pension account that is paid in post tax - ie an Employee Provident Fund. My husband as a foreigner in Malaysia can withdraw the money but I cannot. If he brings the money back to UK, is it subject to tax? We moved back to UK 5 years ago. When I reach 55, I am allowed to withdraw the money - would I have to pay tax if I bring the money to UK. All of the pension savings are based on employment income which has already been taxed. Thanks Anne