Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to pay Voluntary contributions to fill gaps

    I'm in the same boat as everybody else. HMRC is clearly too busy to handle the demand. Even with the extended deadline (which should be extended much further) I fear I will get nowhere. I am trying to pay NI gaps for myself and my wife. I just want to make the payments. I can see the years and I have the amounts. Also, surely the DWP is capable of taking top up payments by bank transfer (with the NI number as a reference?) rather than sending cheques through the post. I would still like to see speak to an agent and my suggestion is that the agent calls me back when available rather than me waiting for three hours and giving up. Please let me know when you would be available to call. Thank you