Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Adversely affected

Thank you, just eager not to get a nasty surprise in the future because it seems quite vague. I have been affected although I do have some, reduced revenue. I guess it will all be declared in 20-21, or will a third of it be declared in 19/20?
  • Adversely affected

To be eligible for the SEISS, it says that you have to have been adversely affected by the coronavirus. How will this be measured in future checks? How can it be quantified? What if you have only been adversely affected for part of the March-June period? What % fall in income is considered to be adverse? Thanks in advance!
  • RE: £1000 trading allowance

I used the 1000 allowance in 18-19 on my tax return, but I wasn't aware that this existed in 17-18 so I did not use it then. Does that mean that I cannot amend my 17-18 tax return and now include that trading allowance?
  • £1000 trading allowance

I wasn't aware of the £1000 trading allowance in 2017-2018, so I did not include this and deduct this amount from my earnings in my self-assessment. Can I do this now? If so, how? After doing so, how would I claim a refund on the additional tax paid? Thanks in advance