Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Verify Identity Gov Gateway

Good Afternoon, I'm another poor soul unable to verify my identity. I find the verification process to be just ridiculous. I'm asked for a UK passport that I don't have (well I'm not British, we still exist after Brexit), a uk driving license (I have my valid EU license), my p60 (I guess that's the only thing I got right since I just have to copy two numbers) and "something about my credit past" (which I don't have cause I never got any loan, excuse me). The best thing is that I received from the GOV a self assessment letter so they know exactly who I am, where I reside, where is my money and all the taxes I pay (being 100% PAYE). I suppose I'd be happy to just send a paper form, but I can't even access it. When I click I am brought back to my login page where I'm asked to VERIFY again. The phone support is completely useless: no matter what I declare to the computer that listens, it always thinks I would get all I need on the website and hangs up on me. There is no trace of any email to ask for support either. I think this is absolutely unbearable and as a tax payer. But for now I'd just be happy to complete this return and forget it until next year. How do I do it?