Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Income earned from abroad- film making

    Hello, I’m trying to help a friend out with their self assessment . They are U.K. resident , but perform film making services for their clients . Some are in different countries but most in the U.K. A couple of questions I have: 1) they spent a large chunk of money on film making equipment (cameras, etc) which I would call a capital item. Is there a section on the self assessment return for capital allowances, or can it just be reported as a full expense in the year? 2)if they perform film making services for a foreign customer, say in Germany, do they owe German tax on this income, or is it declared and paid on the self assessment jn the U.K.? Thanks and appreciate any advice