Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • School Fees

    We have a client who is a director of a limited company. The ltd company pays for the clients school fees as a benefit. The contract is between the client and the school, not the ltd company and the school. As we understand it if the ltd company pays the school fees directly to the school, rather than through the employee, this needs reporting to HMRC on the clients P11D form. Class 1 National Insurance will be deducted through the payroll but there will be no additional PAYE to be paid. Do the school fees need only be entered at the tax year end on the P11D form or do they also need to be entered as a payrolling benefit in kind (which i understand needs to be registered before the start of the tax year)? If the latter is the case we are currently too late for PBIK so what do we need to do about this?