Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: SA webpage for repayment

I regret to say that does not address the first part of my second question: Please could there be a forewarning that the information would be needed? I consider the matter now closed and will raise it elsewhere. Bye.
  • RE: SA webpage for repayment

Thank you for your answer to WHY? This is not on my SA Return. I appreciate the need for verification. However I doubt anyone can recall off the top of your head when and how much you paid to the HMRC. Please could there be a forewarning that the information would be needed and where it might be found?
  • SA webpage for repayment

Trying to claim a repayment due from Self Assessment. Of the four options given to check ID I ticked: UK passport :You need a valid UK passport Self Assessment : You need details from your recent Self Assessment returns. The first question I was asked was the date and amount I paid TO the HMRC, It added: These must be the details of a payment made to HMRC, not information from a Self Assessment return. WHY? This is not on my SA Return, WHY? When HMRC has repaid me for years so I do not have such information. WHAT DO I DO? I've no info about my credit rating and I don't have a NI driving licence. I have an English one.
  • RE: Tax Refund- 'Not Yet Used'

Thanks HMRC Admin 20 for the link.
  • RE: Tax Refund- 'Not Yet Used'

An allied aspect. How do you apply for a tax refund? My online filing said I had a refund but had to wait 72 hours before reclaiming. Been back this morning (72 hrs ++) logged in and can only see a facility to pay tax }:-(