Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Option Proceeds tax already as PAYE

Hi there, I am self-employed in a partnership and has no other income. last FY i had £5000 proceeds from exercising options, which was treated as income (which I understand) but the partnership taxed it via PAYE (£2700 income tax) before it returned the balance (£2300) to me. Should I put this transaction under "other UK income not included on supplementary pages" and put £5000 as "other taxable income" and £2700 under "any tax taken off"? Thanks.
  • RE: how to increase the prepayment of the tax

Thanks for your reply. forgive me if I am asking a naive question but I can only see the option of "Reduce payments on account" online. where could I amend the payment on account upwards? Thanks.
  • how to increase the prepayment of the tax

In Jan this year, i lowered the HRMC's estimate of the coming year's tax bill to reflect the business condition. The financial year turned out to be better than expected (thanks to the business condition recovering in March) thus higher tax bill than my estimate back in Jan. I wonder how i can increase the prepayment to reflect the actual tax bill so that i don't need to pay interest on the difference between the actual tax bill and my estimated tax bill back in Jan. thanks.