Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign employment income and double taxation

    WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • RE: Foreign employment income and double taxation

    Thank you very much for the reply. The foreign income was arouse from duties performed in Hong Kong of that foreign employment. I will declare the foreign income in self assessment for 2022/23. I would like to claim the foreign credit tax relief for the foreign tax I need to pay. Is the process of application as follows? 1. File the foreign employment income on SA102. 2. File foreign employment income and foreign tax deducted on SA106. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.
  • Foreign employment income and double taxation

    Hi, I moved to UK in Sep 2022 from Hong Kong. I was employed by a company in Hong Kong in Oct 2022 for few months on remote work and hence foreign income arose. I would like to seek your advice on the income tax for this foreign employment income. 1. I had stayed in UK for more than 183 days in tax year 2022/23, I would like to apply for split year treatment. 2. The Hong Kong taxation authority had advised me to pay the income tax there despite the fact that I was staying in UK during the working period. I am aware that there is double taxation agreement on income tax before Hong Kong and UK. Would I subject to UK taxation after paying the income tax in Hong Kong? Would I need to declare in self-assessment for that foreign income ? Thank you for your help.