Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Unable to register for self assessment

    Hi, I have a private pension that I pay a regular sum of money into each month. I receive basic level (20%) tax relief via my pension provider but I am a 40% rate tax payer. I would like to use a self-assessment to claim the additional 20% tax relief. I tried to register for self-assessment, however my application was rejected after explaining the scenario above. Is there another route I should follow to get this done? I'm unsure how to proceed, so any help would be much appreciated. I am not self-employed and have a workplace pension as well. Thanks Rich