Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Claim loss relief of ITA 2007 s72

    I commenced a new consultancy business in Hong Kong during the year ended 31 March 2021 and make profit in 2021 and 2022, however, i have suffered a loss in 2023 and intend to claim loss relief of ITA 2007 s72, which offset my loss to my previous years' profit and get the tax refund. I cannot locate anywhere in the tax return which i can fill in to apply the loss relief, please kindly advise. Thanks.
  • Bank interest income arising from UK Bank

    i have a fixed deposit of GBP100k jointly held 50:50 with my brother in a UK Bank. I live in Hong Kong and not a UK tax resident. My brother who lives in UK and is a UK tax resident, Is my share of 50% bank interest income arising from the UK Bank subject to UK tax/ is there any withholding tax on my share of interest income in UK? Also, do i need to submit self assessment to HMRC?