Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Overseas Direct Selling Company commission

    I have less than £1000 commission income from an overseas direct selling company (Multi-level marketing). Do I need to report this as self employment as this is under £1000? Or do I report this as my foreign income in SA106? If this should be filled in SA106, under which category should I put this commission income? I have read all the information on HMRC, but I still have not found any answer for this situation.
  • Company Loan Interest

    I have lent some money to an overseas company as an investment and receive some interest every month. When I fill in the self assessment, is this treated as my interest income? As I do not have any other income except this, what is the total tax allowance that I can have? Do I have the GBP1000 personal savings allowance? Do I have the starting rate for savings GBP5000 as well? Thank you.