Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Enquiry on Foreign Salary and Saving Interest Income

    Hi HMRC Admin team, I have 2 questions regarding tax calculation in 2022/23. I entered UK on 01-JUN-2022. I worked full-time in Hong Kong in the period of 01-APR-2022 to 31-MAY-2022. I was employed with a full-time job in UK in June 2022. Among the whole tax year of 2022/23, I have Foreign saving interest of less than 100 GBP. I have some saving interest in UK bank which just go over my Personal Saving Allowance too. 1) Do I need to send a Self-Assessment return and request for split year treatment for my Full-time job in Hong Kong and the Foreign saving interest? 2) Per guidance on , I do not need to declare the tax on my savings interest from UK banks myself as HMRC will change my tax code so I would need to pay the tax automatically. Is my understanding correct? Thank you.