Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign Income

    Hi, i have invested in a friend's property abroad in India and he is going to send me £420,000 via bank transfer from his Indian bank account.. he will have to pay transaction fees etc but do I need to notify HMRC if this is from a sale of a property but i had no affiliation with to begin with?? Will i have to pay any tax for receiving my money back???? I am simply getting paid back with interest for what I have paid into the property investment..