Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Gift from my grandmother living overseas

    Hi. I am UK resident with dual citizenship (Swiss/British). My Swiss grandmother who is a Swiss national and resident (she has never been a UK resident) wants to give me £88,000 (CHF 100,000) to help with with my studies and for buying a house. Do I need to pay UK taxes on this gift or do I simply need to pay taxes on interests once the amount has been remitted in the UK? Thank you.