Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: UK Belgium Tax treaty

Seagull86 : the Return clearly states thar ALL incomes must be declared, i.e. Belgian and UK in my case. However, this time I have ticked the UK incomes in the "non taxable" part. Wait and see. 🙄

Information for HIFI I approached HMRC to explain about the double taxation and they told me I no longer need to complete a Self assessment online since Belgium are now taxing me at source. I still do not understand why the Belgians insist on including my UK incomes that they add to my Belgian pension and tax me on the total?!

As a matter of interest, I have just been notified by HMRC that, irrelevant to dates, all UK residents in receipt of a Belgian pension, will be taxed on their Belgian pension by the Belgian tax office. I have another question. When completing the return to Belgium, I also included in my figures my English state pension PLUS a smal UK private pension. Does the Belgian tax office also tax you on your UK income?? (State and private UK pensions??) Equally, HMRC told me that, from jow on,I should not include my Belgian pension on the Self assessment which I complete every year. Is it therefore necessary to complete a Self assessment at all?? Thank you!!