Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Incorrect Employers - HMRC unable to correct

    Please let me know how I am meant to contact DWP to procure this. There is no form or contact on their website for any such request. I have been trying to sort this issue out with HMRC for many months and there has been very little clarity on the process to follow, as the instructions have been vague and its taken a very long time to get any response. This has affected my tax code for years.
  • RE: Incorrect Employers - HMRC unable to correct

    A month later, I have received a form from HMRC to fill in the details of my employers. However, they also ask to "Send us confirmation given by the Department for Work and Pensions of your National Insurance number." I assumed this would be the NI letter which is printable on tax services, but this is from HMRC not from DWP. Please advise on what this could be.
  • Incorrect Employers - HMRC unable to correct

    For the tax years 21-22, and for 22-23, I am reported as having been employed by companies (in addition to my actual employer) which I have never been employed by. I filed a complaint with HMRC and was told I need to contract my employers directly - but they are not // have never been my employers. I am concerned that this is fraudulent behaviour and will impact my financial position. Please advise - the HMRC website does not allow for removing an employer (only for changing the date of employment).