Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Staff party allowance for sole director

    Hello, may I ask a follow up question under this thread? I am in the same position - sole director/employee of a limited company. If I treat myself and my family (my partner+one child, so 3 people in total) for hotel stays or meals out, is the allowance capped at £150 for one person, or £300 for two people, or £450 for three people? Assuming other criteria are met of course. Thank you.
  • foreign income

    Hello I am a UK tax payer and worked on a freelance basis for a few EU agencies and received income to my UK bank accounts in the tax year of 22-23. I have included all the income in the self-employed return for NI caculation, but do I need to select 'foreign income' as well (under 'tailor your return')? If so, which category does this count towards? None of the income is subject to tax in other countries. Thank you.